Garlic Roasted Salmon & Brussels Sprouts
- 14 large garlic cloves halved
- 1/4 cup extra virgin- olive oil
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 pounds salmon fillet skinned and cut into 6 portions
- lemon wedges
Pre-heat the oven to 450
Mince 2 garlic cloves and mix in a small bowl with oregano, oil, salt and pepper. Toss the remaining halved garlic, Brussels sprouts and oil mixture in a large roasting pan. Roast for 15 minutes, stirring once.
Add wine to the remaining oil mixture. Remove the pan from the oven, stir the vegetables and place the salmon on top. Drizzle with the wine mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oregano, & 1/2 each of salt & pepper. Bake until salmon is cooked through, 5 or 10 minutes more.
Creamy Garlic Dressing With Green Beans
- 1 -11/2 pounds of fresh green beans
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic or 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt( non fat plain yogurt can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- To taste- fresh ground pepper and sea salt
Cut the green beans in half and put Into a steamer basket to cook over boiling water for 8 to 10m minutes. Remove from the basket and place in a bowl of ice and water to cool. Remove the beans from the water and pat dry with a towel.
Crush the garlic cloves, parsley and pepper with a wooden spoon into a paste. Then whisk the paste into the yogurt and oil in a large bowl. Add the green beans and toss. Chill in the refrigerator and serve.
Serves six to eight
Garlic Scape Pesto
- 8 to 10 garlic scapes, chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or almonds
- 3/4 to 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Place the roughly chopped scapes, parsley, cheese, lemon or lime juice, and nuts in a food processor. Pulse until blended. Add the olive oil in a slow drizzle as the processor is blending until the mixture a brilliant green color and has a smooth texture. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
White Bean And Garlic Scape Dip
- 1 can Garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped garlic scapes
- juice of one lime, should be about 3 tablespoons
- 1 cup of walnuts or macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
Simply combine all ingredients in the blender. Pulse until ingredients are combined and smooth in texture. It’s so easy and very, very good!